Here are resources for learning at home with your child. If you have any suggestions of things you have found please let us know so we can add them to our resources bank.
- Free Audio Books - Listen to a range of free books designed for children and young adults.
- Languages - Fancy learning a new language? Have a go for free here!
- Listening Activities - listen and do activities from Cbeebies.
- Oxford Owl - Reading activities.
- Twinkl FREE - Free for a month - Setting this up is really easy to do - go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- David Walliams elevenses! - a 20 minute story everyday at 11am.
- Singing Hands - Makaton signing activities.
- Scratch Ever fancied creating your own game? Now you can with this online programming activity.
- Science - Free science lessons for this year!
- Prodigy Maths - Maths quizzes for you at home.
- DK find out! - Find out about ...
- World of Education - range of activities for all abilities.
- Times table rock stars - currently free!
- Purple Mash - Free access to a range of activities.
- The Maths Factor - Carol Vorderman = Maths!
- PE with Joe Wicks - 30 minutes Monday to Friday of Physical activity with Joe Wicks the Body Coach.
- Nature detectives - Activities for the back garden.
- Pawprint Family - Everyday adventure activities.
- Mindfulness monsters - Mindfulness for kids.
- Go Noodle - Keep fit with Go Noodle!
- Yamaha colouring - Mindfulness through colouring for those who like motorbikes.
- National Geographic - Want to find out more about the world and make some fun things? This is the place!
- Cool videos - Things the children want to know about in a range of learning videos.
- 3D design - You can design cool things in 3D online.
- Artful Parent - Opens in Facebook - art activities for your children at home.
- Red Ted Art - Art and Craft at home - Some are MESSY!
- Children's University - Activities for home learning.
- Virtual Music Class - Made with music - opens in Facebook.
- I can cook - What can you cook?
- Recipes - Food tech at home!
- Blue Peter Badge - Can you earn a Blue Peter Badge?
- Interactive games - Keep them busy with these games on the computer or tablet.
- Games - Fun for hours!
Preparation for Work:
- Crash Courses - All you need to know about different jobs and industries. Videos are on YouTube.
- The World - Learn about the world out there!
- Make a list of the jobs around the house (age appropriate) and next to each job put a price, once they have done that job, they receive the money. For example: putting toys in a box 10p.
- Create a tuck shop for snacks, open it in the morning and in the afternoon with a price list, give your child an amount per day to spend.
- Reward, reward, reward! Keep the positivity by rewarding your child for good behaviour. Use a medium/large sized box/tub/jar with the aim to fill it to the top, put handfuls in at a time, not just one, so your child can watch it filling up. You can use any household items to fill it, once it is full, they receive a reward.