Safeguarding and Child Protection
Safeguarding and Child Protection is at the heart of everything we do at Highfield School. It is important to us that our students are safe whilst at school and our procedures to ensure this are:
- We have a secure gate system that is monitored by CCTV
- All visitors sign in at reception and are given a visitors badge before they are allowed access to any area of the school.
- Visitors not wearing a badge or moving about the site unsupervised will be challenged
- Visitors to our school or website who are concerned in any way about a student's safety should make their concerns known to our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL):
- Senior DSL Miss Joanne Kiernan Head Teacher - responsibilities; whistleblowing, serious case supervision, DSL supervision
- Deputy DSL Mr David Dixon Assistant Head Teacher - responsibilities; LAC Children, E-Safety, case supervision, DSL supervision and caseloads
- Strategic Leadership DSL Mrs Rebecca Thompson Deputy Head Teacher - responsibilities; case supervision and day to day management
- DSL Lynn Catchpole Parent Support Advisor - responsibilities; day to day management of case loads
- DSL Kirsty Barr Parent Support Advisor - responsibilities; day to day management of case loads
- DSL Tracy Marsh Lead Behaviour for Learning Mentor - responsibilities; day to day management of case load
- Admin Support (DSL) Pauline Mincher and Demelza Gosnay - responsibilities electronic recording of case files
If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding please use the school's contact us section of the website and ask to be contacted by one of our DSL case workers. For further help and guidance with online safety please see our E-Safety Section on the website.
All policies related to Safeguarding and Child Protection can be found below.